Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I need a recipe for making home made twix bars, I use to make these but can not find my recipe.?

I know it was fairly easy to make, and it calls for saltine crackers as your base, can anyone help me !! I want to make these for my boys football dinner.I need a recipe for making home made twix bars, I use to make these but can not find my recipe.?
Maybe this is what you're looking for.



Homemade Twix Bars



about 80 club crackers (about 1 1/2 sleeves)

1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs

3/4 c. brown sugar

1 c. sugar

3/4 c. butter

1/2 c. half %26amp; half

1(12 oz) bag butterscotch chips

1 (12 oz) bag semisweet chocolate chips

3/4 c. peanut butter



Line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment (don't skip this step!) and lay down a layer of Club crackers. I fit three rows of 9 crackers in the bottom of my glass dish.



In a saucepan, stir together graham crumbs, sugar, butter and milk. Turn heat to medium and bring to a boil. When mixture begins to boil, set timer for 5 minutes and boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour half of this mixture over the crackers, then lay another layer of crackers over the graham cracker caramel mixture.



Pour remaining graham cracker caramel mixture over second layer of crackers, then top with one last layer of crackers.



In a medium glass bowl combine butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and peanut butter. Using 50% power, melt the chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. Spread melted mixture over top.



Let this cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes then move it to the refrigerator for about an hour or as long as it takes for chocolate %26amp; butterscotch %26amp; peanut butter layer to set. When it has set, remove from refrigerator by lifting the parchment paper. Place on a cutting board and cut into bars.I need a recipe for making home made twix bars, I use to make these but can not find my recipe.?
I know how! Here's the recipe:



BOB'S HOMEMADE TWIX BARS



Yield: 24 bars



About 8 ounces buttery crackers (such as Keebler Club Crackers)



3/4 cup packed brown sugar



1/2 cup granulated sugar



1/2 cup (1 stick) butter



1/2 cup milk



1 cup graham cracker crumbs



1 cup chocolate chips



2/3 cup peanut butter (chunky or creamy)



Grease a 9-by-13-inch pan. Place a single layer of crackers in the pan.



Combine sugars, butter, milk and graham cracker crumbs in a medium pot.

Stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Boil 5 minutes, still stirring

constantly. Pour over crackers; if necessary, spread with a spatula to cover

crackers completely. Top with another layer of crackers.



In a clean pot, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter. Melt over low or

medium-low heat, stirring constantly. When smooth, pour over crackers in pan,

spreading to cover them evenly. Let cool completely (or refrigerate at least 1

hour) before cutting into bars.



Hope this helps you- and have fun!!!!I need a recipe for making home made twix bars, I use to make these but can not find my recipe.?
Here are some suggestions:

http://huderon.blogspot.com/2006/12/how-鈥?/a>

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,167,1461鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment