Sunday, January 29, 2012

If I am building a home bar in my basement, should I use pressure treated wood?

and if anyone has any plans for a home bar that would be awesome too. Thanks!If I am building a home bar in my basement, should I use pressure treated wood?
How are you going to affix to the floor? do not nail or drill any timber members in to the floor or walls if you basement has been tanked otherwise you will have a very large problem whent the water table is high and void any warranty for tanking works.

Why not buy a ready made free-standing bar off ebay.

If you are using the basement in such a way you also need to consider ventilation.

Also slamma you are right about the arsenic but it can only be released if he plans on burning. Just wash you hands after use and always use appropriate PPEIf I am building a home bar in my basement, should I use pressure treated wood?
Depends... How damp is your basement? How sloppy drunk do you get?



If your basement gets flooded a lot then it may be a good idea.



If your such a sloppy drunk that your always spilling booze then it may help protect the wood.If I am building a home bar in my basement, should I use pressure treated wood?
No. Pressure treated wood is for areas exposed to moisture. Hopefully your basement is dry.
i wouldn't bc arsenic is used in the treatment and I could NOT bring a deadly poison where my loved ones and critters are. Kiln dried should do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment