Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What's the best way to solidify my home made almond bars?

I have made my own almond bars -- it's currently in the fridge in an effort to solidify so I can cut it into bars but it seems too 'gooey'??What's the best way to solidify my home made almond bars?
I agree with above answer but if you are making a granola type bar you can add more nuts, oats or other ingredient to tighten up the mix. If you are making candy bars then it maybe time to use it as an ice cream topping.What's the best way to solidify my home made almond bars?
without seeing the recipe there is no way to give advice.

For example, if the binding agent happened to be a cooked syrup type thing, undercooking it would cause it to not solidify.

If you changed ANYTHING in the recipe, it could have the same result.

If undercooking is the reason, there really isn't anyway to salvage things once other ingredients have been mixed into it.

When that happened to me making fudge, my kids called it 'spoon fudge" and thats how they ate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment