Sunday, February 26, 2012

I bought a Deluxe My First Home Multi-Floor for my pet rat but the space between the bars is too big..?

Is there anything ic an use to close up the 2 inch space between the bars on this cage..http://about.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=2543584/search=Super+Pet+Deluxe+Care+Home+Multi/st=product/sv=title



someone told me i can use http://www.buy.com/prod/garden-zone-pvc-coated-hardware-cloth-24-i-green-1-2-inch-272405/q/listingid/49303523/loc/66357/211158319.html(Garden Zone Pvc Coated Hardware Cloth 24 I Green 1 2 Inch) But as you can see it kinda expensive just for a roll. CAN ANYONE THINK OF ANOTHER WAY TO CLOSE OF THE GAPS?I bought a Deluxe My First Home Multi-Floor for my pet rat but the space between the bars is too big..?
The best thing I can think of is wrap it with the pvc coated hardware cloth and use some clamps or wire ties to hold it on. That is kind of expensive on that site, but you can find it at most hardware stores for cheaper.

Maybe you could try attaching a regular screen? I don't know how effective that would be though. It might get chewed through.



Also, the galvanized hardware cloth is much cheaper than the pvc coated cloth, but it's known to rust and it's harder to clean. I had a homemade rat cage with galvanized cloth and it took 2 years to start to rust. So you might give that a try. However some people say that it's not good for rats. Just watch out for rust and get rid of it when you do see rust.

No comments:

Post a Comment