Sunday, February 26, 2012

How do I get plastic off the glass and the metal bars of the fireplace?

My brothers friends left my guitar hero guitar leaning against our gas fireplace and luckily I caught it before it got really bad, but it melted enough that its becoming troublesome. Before the glass is small metal bars that are maybe a cenimeter thick. I got some of the plastic off. But there is still some on the glass but its hard to reach. I would really like to be able to fix this before my father gets home on Christmas day from work.How do I get plastic off the glass and the metal bars of the fireplace?
TRY BRAKE PARTS CLEANER. JUST USE A TOOTH BRUSH AFTER YOU SPRAY IT ON. BE QUICK BECAUSE ITS GOING TO START EATING THE TOOTHBRUSH BRISTLES. MAKE SURE THAT ITS BEEN A FEW HOURS BEFORE YOU LIGHT A FIRE AGAIN. YOU GOT THE CLEANER AT THE AUTO PARTS STORE FOR ABOUT 3-4 BUCKS.How do I get plastic off the glass and the metal bars of the fireplace?
as far as getting the plastic off, you're gonna have to get a lighter or something and heat it back up the wipe it off or scrape it off. the lighter will leave little charmarks on the glass but use toothpaste to get that off. don't try to turn the fireplace back on to get the plastic hot. them the matal and glass will get hot too. you want to centralive where the heat goes so use a lighter. a fireplace lighter would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment