Sunday, February 26, 2012

In TX., there ia an "open container" law; How does this work, if you are in your Motor-home ?

I have a VERY LARGE Motor-home, with a complete bar in it.If I get pulled over, and they search my vehicle, will I get a ticket, or be arrested for any bottles that have been opened ?In TX., there ia an "open container" law; How does this work, if you are in your Motor-home ?
You can't drink and drive. Open containers do not apply to passengers in RVs, motor homes, or Limos.
In a motorhome most laws state that you can not have any sort of alcohol within arms reach of the driver. Other than that it should be fine.In TX., there ia an "open container" law; How does this work, if you are in your Motor-home ?
huh - good question when you think about it....

In NJ, I have to make sure that the wine and beer are stashed in the trunk, particularly if they have already been opened. I could get ticketed even if a passenger is holding an open drink.



I would think that if the alcohol is in a LOCKED cabinet in your motor-home, it wouldn't be an issue, but if is out/visible, then they might ticket you.



Call the TX police.
Only if you're drinking while driving itIn TX., there ia an "open container" law; How does this work, if you are in your Motor-home ?
If it's moving.....yes.
  • wheels and tires
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment