Monday, February 20, 2012

What wood would be best for a home bar?

Okay...here we go! I downloaded bar plans off of a website and in the directions it says to use 3/4" plywood for the bar floor and the sides and top. It doesn't say whether to use oak or regular pine or what? But later on it says to use oak boards for the trim. Wouldn't using pine and oak together look odd...especially if you stained it? Plus oak plywood and precut oak boards aren't the same color either. Can someone give me an idea on what to do here? Thanks!!!What wood would be best for a home bar?
i wouldnt use the pine and oak together...any oak ply and solid lumber that i have seen is usually close so long as you arent mixing red and white oak...not sure why you would need a floor in your bar...add a golden oak stain and i'm sure you will get a presentable finished product...What wood would be best for a home bar?
howabout putting in soft and smoother wood instead? so beer or water is easly cleaned offWhat wood would be best for a home bar?
Why would wood be a factOr? I would put in sleek pine wood, maybe sand it off a little. Make sure to get good wood, I tried to make my son a tree house with lumber, but I forgot to sand it off so my wife did it for me, she is a very nice lady, but a much better craftsman than me. She's good at a lot of things, I like butter.



Pine is the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment