Thursday, February 23, 2012

Will this home made protein bar get bad if I don't keep it in the fridge?

I just made my own protein bar with ground rolled oats, protein powder, almonds, apple butter, peanut butter, and a pinch of milk for moisture. Will it get bad if I leave it out at room tempurature? I'm not sure if I want to eat it cold.Will this home made protein bar get bad if I don't keep it in the fridge?
All that stuff could possibly spoil if not in the fridge.Will this home made protein bar get bad if I don't keep it in the fridge?
Yes it could. The apple butter would rot, and the milk would sour. The oats, almonds and peanut butter would be ok. If you don't want to eat it cold, no problem. Keep it refrigerated, and set it out about an hour before you want it. None of those ingredients would go bad in that short of time.
  • new album releases
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment